Wow! What a TEA-riffic three days of Tea! Life in my teacup has certainly been filled to the brim with tea, friendship, knowledge, skills, and sensory overload -- taste, aroma, and the beauty of liquid tea.
Last Tuesday morning three fabulous days of being immersed in tea began for me. I was privileged to help the STI (Speciality Tea Institute) (stitea.org) staff administer Level one, two, and four (Blending) of the STI Professional Certification Program. The blending classroom aroma certainly overwhelmed the smell senses with herbs, spices, flowers, and teas available for our exploratory trip into the world of blending. The air of the room was like being immersed in a huge bowl of blended tea.
Following the overwhelming sensory blending experience it was off to the first networking/taco party /tea tasting gathering hosted by Tealet Las Vegas and the Regional Tea Festival Group. The event was an excellent opportunity to meet new tea enthusiasts, reacquaint with prior tea friends, and taste some delicious teas from countries of origin. Organizers of the following tea festivals were available to discuss their endeavors and plans. It was very encouraging to hear Expo attendees talk about looking forward to participating in each of these festivals. 2016-17 could become a very busy year of many tea events throughout the USA.
Regional Tes Festivals
- Lone Star Iced Tea Festival -- August 2016 -- (festival@HoustonTeaFestival.com)
- Houston Tea Festival -- Winter 2017 -- (festival@HoustonTeaFestival.com)
- Pennsylvania Tea Festival -- September 2017 -- (firstname.lastname@example.org) (www.TeaFestPA.com)
- Southwest Tea Festival -- February 2017 -- (email@example.com)
- Midwest Tea Festival -- September 2017 -- (MidwestTeaFest@gmail.com)
- New Jersey Tea Festival -- TBA -- (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Exhausted after my many activities of Day One of WTE 2016, I raised my cuppa to the many who made this fabulous opportunity available. Stay tuned for my teacup adventure of day two and three.
The Tea And Hat Lady